Gearify

Software helpfull to Gear makers.
Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: Gearify

Post by Mooselake »

Glad to see new development with Gearify!

Kirk
Gearify
Old Timer

Post by Gearify »

ArtF wrote: Looks good. Looks very similar as to how Gearotic does it, a digital subtraction where the involute evolves from the instantaneous rate of change during its construction?
Right now, these curves are generated without any subtraction at all, just solving differential equations numerically in 2 dimensions. This produces "pure" involute curves that are exactly correct at every point. The only problem is that since these curves evolve, they may interfere with each other as they engage or disengage, so my last task is to find an appropriate solution to minimally clip, truncate or sheer off areas to prevent the teeth from jamming - that final piece may be done via a subtraction algorithm, but we'll see.

-Michael
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

I just emailed Michael Valle wondering if he was still around, and he replied that he's "hard at work developing the next version and expect to announce some very exciting new features that are planned for it in the coming months."

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Thanks Kirk:

Good to know. Its a nice program. I expect I'm several months away
from the next incarnation as well. Im finding the physics a bit harder to properly
simulate in 3d versus the Auggie simulator in 2d. ITs a great learning experience though.

Art