Version 2.265 online.

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
John T
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.265 online.

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
I can create in the tools, and project and then send to Workbench - so far so good-  I can manipulate the objects in workbench but as soon as I highlight an object and hit simulate - I crash  "error 1801"

John

PS I did use the default tool and got a simulation to work but the tool was in mm, I had to change to inches and then the problems started.
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

I created a two lobe roots blower, selected both the driver and driven (not sure what to call it..) thing, then clicked send to workbench.  GM locked up, machine went to 25% CPU (it's a quadcore, so likely one thread in a loop), and the resource monitor shows GM not responding.  Closed and retried and it did it again.  Selecting just the driver works OK.

<ctl><shift> left mouse drag lets me move the perspective around; found it by experimentation since I couldn't find it in a quick rescan of the user interface videos.

Watched the new video, now know why the toolpath stayed gray.

Kirk
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

Happy New Year Art;
When I operate the Sim, the dark gray stock material scrolls up in a grid formation, matching the hairline grid on the work table. My grid scale is 1 inch for the major scale size and 1/4 inch on the minor scale size.
As the tool follows the tool path lines the stock material is removed grid block by grid block (looks like each 1/4 inch grid block is a pixel.
The sim shows the tool cutting Completely through the stock on the first pass even Though&nbsp; it takes the required passes entered into the depth per pass field.
after the simulation is complete, there is no stock material left except for two or three 1/4 inch pixels. No matter what level of resolution I pick.

I hope this makes since
Jerry
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Hi Guys;

Thanks for the feedback. hopefully will have results/solutions on these soon.

Cheers
Bob
???
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Guys:

Thx for the feedback, Ill look into and figure otu whats up with them...

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Sorry fro the delay on this one, I wasnt getting notificatiosn for some reason..

Anyway.... :)

Kirk:&nbsp; I use a center mouse button to rotate, but holdiong ctrl will allow motion, shift-ctrl will allow full rotation..The path
stays greyish till the tool free's it from the material. It may be something was still stuck in memory with the roots load, I loaded
up several here and they all simulate just fine. Please try again with new version and let me know if it still happens.

John: A new version is online with more error codes in it. Your 1801 tells me something went wrong in bench's drawing
subroutines, redownload and your error will tell me where in those routines.

Jerry:&nbsp; This sounds as if the tool is enourmously large or seomthign isnt quite right. Does the tool look right on the screen?
I suspect Ill need to put in some sanity checking for tools outside normal dimensions. (Or something went horribly wrong..)

Eventually, Ill allow the material to be changed, but presently I think I need to reorient some of the lighting in the scene
as flat surfaces do not show any real contrast... perhaps Ill add a spotlight or see what i can do to make it enhanced a bit..

Thx for the feedback, let me know what you find. If you DO find a project which will crash you, or make cpu lockups , please save
that project and post it here so I can try it.

Thx
Art

Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Both parts of the roots blower now move to the workbench OK, and the simulation appears to work.&nbsp; However, both parts were placed close together.&nbsp; I had reset to defaults after one of the crashes, and with the default tapered tool the parts are too close together and cutting the adjacent part nicks the other one.&nbsp; Don't know if this is because I need to reposition them or not.

On my machine, with a Logitech M310 mouse, tilting the center mousewheel will rotate the workspace.&nbsp; Rotating the mousewheel will zooms in and out regardless of what combination of shift and click I use.&nbsp; No biggy, I'd rather use ctl-shift drag, although it's a bit touchy.&nbsp; Looks like there's lots to learn about using the simulator :)

Need to make a news year resolution to get one of the CNC machines working, either the mini rewired or the RPM paperweight assembled, so I can cut one for real.&nbsp; It's on the list.

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

If you use ctrl and shift-ctrl , you then just left click and move mouse, the center wheel isnt used when you use the keyboard modifiers.

Thx for the feedback, Im looking into other bugs as well, its an early simulator, it will toughen over the new few weeks as we find the bugs.

Thx
Art
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
My test was to create a single circular gear, put it on the work bench and then simulate the cut.

If I do it all in metric I can get a simulated cut however I'm still trying to work in imperial measurements and I have changed to inches in global settings, created a 1/16 cutter in the tools and applied an imperial shaft. When I then hit simulation I get the following

Error found, Gearotic: 1907

At that point I'm totally frozen and have to close the program.&nbsp; I can only guess and I would "guess" that there is a "conflict" between inches and mm, but I can't find where.

John
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi John:

&nbsp; Thx for the test, try version 2.266 and see if it does the same thing.. Im zeroing in and may have to
put another version online with a few more errors as we get closer..

Thx
Art
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
Downloaded 2.266,&nbsp; I get the same 1907 error if I try imperial measurements.

John