Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Development seasons begins again.

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

My vacation time is sadly over. Im back and will start development this next week or so. I have a new Mach4 plugin to get out in the next couple of days as my jet lag goes away, then its all Gearotic for the next several months. (I did actually do a great deal of code over the spring and summer so Im a bit ahead of the curve. :) )

So you should start seeing releases over the next few weeks, first in 2d and 3d Gcode output modules, then 4th axis
work and engraving output for things such as laser, bevels, photos and such as their all related in terms of the code
required. Happy to see few problems in current code base and Ill probably swap the dev version to the full release version before I begin any updates. That way the dev version will always be the one for testing while the release version will be the one tested over the last several months and seems very stable with few bugs reported that are not fixed.

Thx, more soon..

Art
BMeyers
Old Timer

Ver 2.10

Post by BMeyers »

Hello.

I read with interest this topic as I was looking for instruction regarding tabs.  It was one of the items on my list to understand.  Suffice to say I have yet to understand how to implement tabs in G2.  I was also interested in the topic regarding selecting menu items (i've been struggling with that additional lack of understanding for a few days).  My installation appears to me to suffer from the same malady.  I had installed the other day the production version.  I went thru the suggested process re task manager, even got the notice after ending the G2 process, selected "yes".  but alas, didn't work for me.  I then installed the development version 2.10xx a few minutes ago (from the web-site, selecting the development tab).  And I've attached a screen shot of my G2 screen.  If I've understood the discussion around menu selection, then I don't have (yet) that magical button I should see on the top line, left hand corner of the screen.

And, maybe that will let me figure out tabs, how to "activate a side" and so on.

BTW. Is there a help file or similar, or a (basic) "manual".  I recognize there are YouTube videos which I've viewed.

Finally, I've successfully milled a master and pinion, and a planetary and pinion -- using the g-code from G2 and using g-code generated by Cut2D.

Thanks for a cool program! 

Brian.
Attachments
Gearotic Screen Capture.PNG
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Development seasons begins again.

Post by ArtF »

Hi Brian:

Until today, tabs were not possible.. See post ( in a couple minutes time) about a new release that does have tabs in it..
Ill be posting in New releases in a moment..
Todays video release will also give you a menu location to docs.. Im not sure what menu button your looking for, all
appears normal from your photo..

Art
BMeyers
Old Timer

Post by BMeyers »

Art:

Thanks for the look.  In that case, I must be hunting snipes.  In the interim I've downloaded G2.2.  And thanks for clarifying about "tabs".  I also saw where you pointed them out on video.  Missed where in the video "document" was pointed out ... will look and listen more carefully.

Regards,

Brian.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Brian:

Docs are under the help/about tab, a button far right top of main screen title bar. :)

Art