New Release 2.10

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
John T
Old Timer

Re: New Release 2.10

Post by John T »

Hi Kirk,
My comment was a bit tounge in cheek.  I don't have any sutures yet as I use dental picks - usually two - for the last few seconds, that way I can hold it secure.  The tabs along with being able to set the depth of the last pass really makes a difference for me.

John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

For the smallest (successful) pinion I've ever cut this 5 leaf pinion had to have a solid base and then chiseled off. 
Attachments
smallestPinion.jpg
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Thats one SMALL pinion... :)

Art
John S
Old Timer

Post by John S »

That's one small pinion for man and one small..........

OK I'll get me coat....................
John S.
Nottingham, England
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

lol
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All;

Just a status update on the next version. Im hoping it wont be long for the release of the beta with the new 2.5D cnc module in it.
I have Gcode now being produced, a post processor that you can edit to change the output behaviour such as axis letters or decimal
point precision, toolchange command..etc. We now have a toolbox where you can keep track of tools, and the new WorkBench is now
saved with your projects so Gcode , toolpaths and such are all a part of a saved project. You can pick up where you left off when working
on a project.

The Tabs system seem to work well too. I have several diagnostics to run as well as a couple of additional graphics items to fix up.
I suspect 1-2 weeks till I put it out. My plan now is to release this version to give more power in CNC op's, to leave the old code in to
ensure if bugs exist you can still post working code. The 2.5D simulation will wait until the 4th axis CNC is redone to match the 2.5D
system in terms of ease of use. The 4th axis, by nature of what it does will be a simulation as much as a cam section so it will take
priority over making a simulation for the 2.5D system. ( I do recommend something like OpenScam ( a free cnc simulator for 2.5D work)
if youd like to simulate the 2.5D code. So once thios new cnc moduile is released, my work will be on the new 4th axis system, then back to
2.5D cnc to turn on engraving and pocketing, the two features not to be turned on in 2.5D machining.
  At the moment there isnt much one would want to pocket .. or engrave so its not much of a limitation. Engraving will be used for things
in future like celtic kots , photo's and Bevel gearing, engraving will also be used in 4th axis for bevels. Pocketing will be used for things made in the
future CAD module..but thats a ways down the road yet so pocketing will remain off till we have objects appropriate to it.

So... thats the plan, Ill post of course when the video/release of 2.5D machining is imminent..
Thx
Art