Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Version 2.263 online

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

While debugging some code, I discovered I had left the new simulation turned off in release, it is now
enabled. Also, many tapered tools were not being built properly, they are now corrected as well.

Thx
Art
Mike F
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.263 online

Post by Mike F »

Hi Art,

Downloading the latest Dev Release and I got a nasty message from McAfee saying it contains viruses etc. See the screen shot. I have never got this message before when downloading from your site. Am I still alright to go? I have blocked it for now.

Mike
Attachments
ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 30 11.43.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Mike:

Im not sure why this happens periodically, but I have no reports of any trouble. I have downloaded and scanned with AVG with no trouble so Im
sure its in error. Happens once a year or so.. and when reported the company says Id have to jump many hoops to stop the warning. Ignore it. :)

Art
John S
Old Timer

Post by John S »

I always though McAfee was a virus ?
John S.
Nottingham, England
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

lol.. I gotta say I agree with that one..

Art
Mike F
Old Timer

Post by Mike F »

But, isn't it supposed to be better than Norton?  What would you recommend?

Mike
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Mike:

Well, if you use Windows Id go with Microsoft security essentials.. ( free), but Im in XP, so I use AVG which , though it pisses me off at times, has never really screwed me over. But thats just me.. :)

Art
Richard Cullin
Old Timer

Post by Richard Cullin »

about 50% of my income these days comes from digging viruses and malware from customers pc's  .  the wost performing av packages are  ranked in order of worst to least worst
are :-
Avg Free version ,Norton 360 , MacAfee
best by far :-
Trend internet security

best malware removal  tool  malwarebytes

but don't tell my customers

I often feel like charging extra when Avg is involved as its most difficult to remove after its been compromised
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

I do feel for you, its tortuous work.

I dont typically get virus's.. happens rarely.. but Im pretty carefull about where I click. The best antivirus, is being wary..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

For those that dont subscribe to my channel on youtube, here is a video of testing in the new Simulation code to be released in the next version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81uS9uasug

Simulations are handy, they show  the effect of various tools on output, but weve never really needed them as most of my output has been primarily in 2.5D and imagination has typically been enough.  But simulations are a keystone for toolpath planning code, and in the new year Ill be
releasing code for engraving of photo lithophanes, Celtic knot engraving and more in the 3d area, untill finally the ability to load STL's of any kind and machine them. Its a puzzling thing, simulator code, its hard to do because it has to be fast and yet its a slow process. Few examples exist of exactly how to do it and those that have done it tend to guard their code. I believe I now know why. :) I think Ive found a balance between speed and accuracy that will serve us well next year with this real-time distortable meshing code
. Ive already found through simulation a bug in the current tab code that causes a ramped tab.. so even prior to its release the simulator has proved very usefull. I hope , uong its release, you find it handy as well.

Hope your XMas has been a good one, enjoy your New Years Eve. :-)

Art

Ken_Shea
Old Timer

Post by Ken_Shea »

Art,
Looks really good and very useful, in my CAD package it is one of the most used aspects.

Will you be having the option to show geometry and/or not during the simulation?

Ken
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Ken:

Ill likely option it. The way ti works now is yu see the geometry till you press sim-on, then it gets covered by the stock, but the geametry shows up as its cut from the stock. Ill probably option it so you can see it al all times through the stock if you wish... Or Ill just makie the global alpha apply to it so you can see through the stock thats being cut.

Thx
Art