Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
Ken_Shea
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.3006

Post by Ken_Shea »

Hi all,
Is it just my system?
Can barely hear the YouTube video it's so low all attention is required in trying to hear and none left to try and digest what is being said.

Thanks
Ken

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Ken:

Seems too loud to me on my system most of the time.. one section is low, but the rest seems loud...

Art
Ken_Shea
Old Timer

Post by Ken_Shea »

OK,
I've volume full on and the sounds comes and goes but never really loud save the first minute or so.
I've had volume issues before may try a different speaker set up.

Thanks

Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Ken, I got these for Mrs. Moose a couple months ago, and she's been very happy with them.  Not hi-fi gaming speakers that'll shake the house, but it'll save the extra dollars for bigger steppers in your Auggie controlled Blidgeport conversion.

Kirk
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Art, you say in the video that you can't zero axes when paused.  Does that affect re-homing when you wake up the next day and continue that 42 hour milling job, or restarting the router after a driver avoiding a wild moose takes out a power pole?

Kirk
Ken_Shea
Old Timer

Post by Ken_Shea »

Mooselake wrote: Ken, I got these for Mrs. Moose a couple months ago, and she's been very happy with them.  Not hi-fi gaming speakers that'll shake the house, but it'll save the extra dollars for bigger steppers in your Auggie controlled Blidgeport conversion.

Kirk
Worth a try, got a set added to cart.

Thanks
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

Nope, you can home, which is usually the point. In fact, if running  job, it may be worth stopping now and tehn to rehome and continue as that repairs any lost steps which may have occured..

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

I would have thought so, and doubted you'd have missed that one :)

Never though about extra in-job homing before, but now it seems pretty obvious.  It does suggest that perhaps it's worth adding the odd G28 in a post processor (after a move to safe height, been bit by that before) for longer jobs.  Hmmm...

Looking forwards to some motorless Auggying (Auggie-ing?  need some reflection on the correct expression), hope the Pokeys doesn't suffer from a pokey holiday increased delivery time, and the dramatic climatic differences between FL and here.   The other parts will be making their slow journey from the Orient, but that'll give more time to do some studying and research, plus practice holding the correct end of the soldering iron (or healing from slow learning events...).

You mentioned a router (communications, not CNC) firmware update to fix stuttering problems, guessing that had something to do with the chip on it's internal LAN ethernet switch.  Did you try connecting your pokey Pokey and computer to a separate ethernet switch (and then that switch to your Internet router) to see if that fixed it?  Maybe de-Interneting it while in use to prevent outside interference?

Kirk
Last edited by Mooselake on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Kirk:

No, I just updated firmware after tracing everything I could. ( It helped Auggie as I learned how to speed it up..). But Still I had small
period os 300ms or so of dead time. I traced packets and saw many T_SYN events.. so I updated firmware, problem went away, and motors are stable..
  System must never stop apps for more than 120ms or so.. if it does, the buffer will empty..

Art