Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New Version 2.3007a online.

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

This is an update of only Auggie. It now has a simulator and the start of the global library .. Ill be adding video's soon..

If no pokeys is detected , it will startup in simulation mode, so even without a pokeys you should be able to jog and run
programs, not that all functions will work, but at least one can run most things even without hardware.

Thx
Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: New Version 2.3007a online.

Post by Mooselake »

I'll be spending the next 8 to 10 hours babysitting a couple 3D prints, MIT girl wants me to print a couple speaker flow directing cones for her BF, help make him a future hearing aid customer.  On a whim I changed the extension on a 48K line 3D printer gcode file to nc, and tried load it into Auggie, got an error "GCode file closed, error in load".  I suspect it's the E axis moves, but that's just a guess.  There are all those funny M codes and the heater control...

Ever given any thought to using Auggie to run 3D printers?  Certainly not as important as lasers, but there's a whole lot of the little buggers.  From what I've seen of the current state of 3D printer firmware (sounds like there's a lot of Marlin developer internal bickering going on, for example), and the fascination with 8 bit AVR controllers, improved motion control would be pretty useful.  I'd stay away from corexy, deltas, and all that funny stuff, but perhaps just for cartesian bots?  No idea if that's a few hours or few years...

Or maybe I'm just suffering from too many ABS fumes :)

Kirk

DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

It's one thing I am going to try, the printer I am getting the control board sit's on a arduino (it's meant to sometime they send the wrong board whats got the arduino integrated hope not)

if I get the correct board I will make a shield for it so I can control it with the 56 cnc, there are a lot of special M code with the firmware, when I get it if it is the one I hope it is I will send the firmware and any info on the M codes to art.
it's the long term reason why I want to run auggie, first is to get my little router working, ounces that is done I will add the 3D printer to the little router, since I have a G540 and a spear stepper driver it will give me enough drivers to run them together.

onces all that is done I will add a Laser to it for engraving.

if you use slic3r you can change it to run M3 it changes the E to A
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

This version runs the spiral script fine on the desktop without the pokeys connected.
I give it a try with the USB and it ran fine as well.

Glenn
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glenn:

thx, good news. Slow process, but we're getting there..

Art
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

Art
If this is slow I not sure I could keep up with fast....  ;D

Glenn