Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

version 2.30011 online

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Gearotic version has been updated for a bug in the functional gears , the teeth were not being clipped
properly to the addendums. This should work much better now.

Thx
Art
BillM
Old Timer

Re: version 2.30011 online

Post by BillM »

Art

I just downloaded the latest version from the website.  When I check the ? box to verify the license, the version number shows 2.30050 not 2.30011.  I am confused.

Bill
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Bill:

Did you download the development version? And did you install it in the same place, ( off root folder?)

Art
BillM
Old Timer

Post by BillM »

I selected the link under Current Stable 2.2990 ::  Here is a copy of the link

http://www.gearotic.com/linkcnt/click.php?id=3

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

For current version you want the development version under that link. The stable version is updated
only periodically so that bugs I may introduce in development are found before it gets updated.
Current version is under Dev. link..

Art
BillM
Old Timer

Post by BillM »

Art

Thanks for steering me to the correct link.  The version the "?" screen shows is 2.30110 instead of 2.30011 which I assume is simply a typo in the help screen (see attached image).

Before I install a new version I always first uninstall the old version using IObit's Uninstaller program which also cleans out references in the windows registry.  I install to a disk partition that is separate from the default C: windows drive & I logon as administrator which eliminates most permissions problems when running programs.

The new version that I downloaded today exhibits the same behavior that I mentioned in a separate message to your ArtF inbox a couple of days ago.  Video Rec & snapshot both result in a blank white capture on the computers running Windows10 (a Dell 1557 notebook, and a Lenovo Q190 desktop).  Video Rec & snapshot record correctly when I boot the systems to a Fedora 23 Linux and run Gearotics2 using Wine.  The 1667 error still does occur when trying to select a CODEC (e.g., fddshow) on both the Windows & Linux OS's.

This is definitely a Windows 10 problem with some weird combination of the Video card driver & the Video For Windows interface that I believe Gearotics uses to to the screen captures and recording.

I think I'll return to looking through the forum topics and studying your tutorial videos on Youtube.

Thanks for your help,
Bill
Attachments
Version.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Bill:

Yes, thats current. VFW is a bit strange, and has been known to be buggy on some systems. I haven't supported Win10 yet as I haven't tested the various functions. I may look at updating the VFW to some other interface in future
specifically for Win10..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

oh, I might mention as well,  to uninstall Gearotic you can just delete the folder, or to install a new version, just install over the old one. I dont use techniques that screw up registries in general.. or install drivers or other runtimes,
so I just reinstall over the program, and have done so thousands of times with no ill effects.

:)

ARt