Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Version 2.3014 online

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Version 2.3014 fixes a bug in cage gears where the pins did not get added.

(Sorry bill, no reversal yet.)..

Auggie is also updated and is now fully functional as a controller. A new video
is online showing how to use it and the theory behind the laser mode functioning.
It also shows examples of the lasers output on paper and melamine board.

My thanks to the team at Pokeys for their repair of a small bug in PWM,
all has run here very well on a number of engravings. There is a lot more to do ,
of course, and Auggie, like Gearotic will never actually be done, but with this release
Auggie now becomes useful, I'm finding it more powerful and easier to use so far
than the one in my workshop, but I do think I need a way to simply load a dxf and
hit cut.. 

Gearotic is now in its 6th year and when I look at it as a package, it has grown so
much since inception its barely recognizable from its original release. My thanks
to everyone for your ideas and support.

Thx
Art
Attachments
20160307_100508.jpg
20160309_134048.jpg
laser2paper.jpg
BillM
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.3014 online

Post by BillM »

Hi Art

Thanks for the quick fix of the cage gear pins.  The reverse may not be quite as critical right now since, just like escapements by redefining what what I consider the front or back of a mechanism is a quick work around. 

I see that you also corrected the escapement rename issue that I posed on a different thread.

Attached is a file of the strike-side main sprocket-ratchet-wheel-cagegear from an E Howard Tower clock that will probably be my next attempt to build a partial simulation.  Talk about some serious gears!

Bill 
Attachments
DSC00702.JPG
BillM
Old Timer

Post by BillM »

Hi Art

While searching through the forums I remember seeing a question from someone of how an escapement was powered.  The attached short video shows the escape wheel and pendulum from an E Howard Tower Clock.  The video shows what you explained to the forum member.

Back in 2010, the clock had major run issues and couldn't even power one dial.  We had made some minor repairs to the verge/crutch just to see if it could keep beat with no dial faces being driven.  We hope we can get the clock fully operational again driving 4 dials.

The pendulum is ~10' long and has a 100lb weight for a bob. 

Bill
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

marklazarz
Old Timer

Post by marklazarz »

Thank you for the angle readout on pallet placement and the snaps!  This will be a big help when designing for appearance.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Thx Bill:

I love those heave pendulums, they look so stately somehow.. very powerfull

Art
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Nice job Bill, very impressive work, congrats..

Cheers
Bob

Gearotic Motion
Bob
BillM
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.3014 online --additional cage gear feature

Post by BillM »

Hi Art

I discovered another feature of the cage gear fix to add the pins to the cage gear....When I place the cage on a shaft and then later do a move on shaft to position the cage further out  the pins do not move with the cage.  I actually created a funny looking setup where the pins were floating on one side of a gear and the cage base on the opposite side.

Actually, I found an interesting feature of this possible mistake is that I can put the pins on the opposite side of the cage without needing a reverse function.  One other thought I had was to be able to specify the length of the pins...although I think I can come up with a method using the existing cage function.

Bill

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Bill:

Nice to know some bugs have a functional use.. :)

Art