Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Version 2.3015

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Gearotic and Auggie are updated today. GM's version did not change, only GT2-2 and GT2-3 pulleys are
corrected to match manufactures output specs.

Auggie has had 3d Laser, and DXF modification added. Both will get more powerful over the summer. A help
file is also added. Details are in this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH2F8MflN1s

Thx
Art

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 2.3015

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Auggie for this version is now updated to correct power scaling issues. I had
inadvertantly scaled improperly. Also, this corrects a power granularity issue
that may have affected power on slow moves..

Thx
Art

( Rock Maple rastered up an down...)

Attachments
MapleY.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 2.3015 -Auggie updated

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

This is just a stability fix for Auggie..

It is updated to include a host of connection bug fixes, stability fixes and many scripting error
timing calls. Its been run many hours here with little or no problems.

Art
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Thanks Art..
Gearotic Motion
Bob
Joakim
Old Timer

Post by Joakim »

The latest Auggie 1.48a will only execute one line of GCode at a time in in GCode mode. The same file in MultiLine-MDI works fine. Tested with 1mmspiral.tap.
If I revert Auggie.exe to version 1.48 and leave everything else untouched, GCode works again.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

J:

Latest version has a new SingleLine mode toggle button which only activates for Gcode. Is your lit by chance?

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

J:

My apologies, I neglected to include the new run panel with the new button on it.

Till next update, please unzip and copy this into your panels folder, you shoudl then see the new button below
the run button..

Thx
Art
Attachments
RUNPanel.zip
(67.58 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Joakim
Old Timer

Post by Joakim »

Art:
That solved the problem  :D
First I was sure that I had a script problem or forgot to include a lib, but it was a new hidden button (to me it was hidden)...  :)

Thanks

Joakim
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

J:

Glad I double checked, I remembered at the last moment I had added that. Its one of the great things about Auggie, it doesn't
take me long to add an option I need with the quick addition of a button on a panel and a bit of code internally to connect it.

Both myself and YaNvrNo have been burning a lot of examples, ( He more than I ) and I (we) owe him a lot of gratitude
for his time and dedication. He's turning out excellent laser work, and has pointed me to more bugs than I can count. Together
we've come up with better power control and a new dithering mode for enhancement options for tonal quality on photo's.
  I have to say at this point Auggie allows me so much more power than I have on my commercial laser Im really tempted
to switch it over as well.

I have however, just bought yet another laser ( A firestar V40) so I may have to build another machine for it in the future,
perhaps with galvo's for another option of motion control. 

Too many toys, not enough time..

Art

Joakim
Old Timer

Post by Joakim »

Art:
There is never enough time... but plenty of interesting toys...  ;)

I know that Auggie is front end and new features may or may not work as intended. Using Auggie I find small issues here and there, but not sure if you want them reported back and where to put them.
We all benefit from YaNvrNo dedication and the time he has put into testing.

Congratulation on the new firestar V40 laser - it looks great! Easier to control and with high accuracy.

Joakim
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi J:

You can report any little bugs you find ( or large ones :) ), at any spot on any forum. I read them all
and it gives me a chance to keep them in mind as I go. So for anything form bugs to suggestions , feel free
to mention them anytime. Some will get fixed immediately, others will filter though the development.

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Hope your summers are going well, Im hip deep in home renovation, but still coding at nights
just very slowly ( as one should in summer..).

Here's a photo of the output of the new "flourish" wizard (one of the new functions to be out in the fall).
Its purpose is just to draw flourishes for placement around photos, or on clock faces or just to embellish
a piece of wood with a laser or mill... It was written because I feel clock faces should a
decoration of some sort. The wizard is not yet finished, but showing promise as a quick way to
design a decoration unique to you, it can make an infinite variety of flourishes, makes them in
seconds, and because you enter a "motif" number from 1 - infinity, no two of the same shape
or size will be the same unless the motif's match. This type of thing is a real challenge, as it implies
an artistic output, using symetry and motifs to design something pleasant to look at, even though
you, as I am , may be artistically challenged.

Thought you might like to see a photo of what it looks like to try to make an algorithm do
something artistic guided by the user.. (one of these was made by YaNvrNo playing with the
current test build.. )

Art

Attachments
exampleflorish2.jpg
exampleflorish.jpg
marklazarz
Old Timer

Post by marklazarz »

That "Flourish" wizard looks intriguing!
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Thx Mark,

For some reason when I picture a grandfather clock, in my mind it always has a decoration like
a flourish on its face. Always bothered me I sucked at drawing such a thing.. hence the wizard..
Its been an interesting journey as its surprising just how much math goes into doing such a thing
in a variety of designs inspired by the user, making them kinda symetrical seems to give them
a humanish look.. they should make it into release, not that one would use them alot, but I thought
they'd make a fun toy.  :)

Art
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

will be a fun tool, but takes awhile to grasp, as this is a true YaNvrNo what you will get wizzzzard.  ;)
Attachments
flor5.JPG
flor4.JPG
Last edited by Ya-Nvr-No on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.