Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 3.0

Post by ArtF »

John:

Fabulous face, and exactly what I had in mind when I jumped into the rabbithole that became
the flourish module. :)

Usually, when you press "Flourish" the system selects the "Flourishing" layer, so that if you
immediately draw a box, its on that layer. The message "No objects on flourish layer" means the
guides were drawn on another layer. Select "Flourishing" layer before drawing guides.

Again, there can be many guides on a layer. The master guide must cover all others. All inner guides
will be exclusion guides. The outter layer may be any shape, and may be made of a circle, or lines
drawing a shape, or a box. inner exclusion zones may be any shape. Doesnt always work perfect
( what artist does.) :-)

Art

PS: Im working on spokes to give you much wider latitude..

Attachments
vinespoke.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Progress is moving towards the next update, I have added things such as adjustable tab heights in machining,
fixed several bugs, added a database to the vector wizards so drawings can be tracked for positioning as you draw.
I have made it so pretty much any dxf saved by Gearotic can be used as a spoke, and I'm trying to allow any dxf to be
used as a indicator to allow for kinetic vanes so you can see what a spinning design would look like. Im also adding
undo/redo as well I think to prepare for more advanced wizards..

I have 3/4 of a video done on the old "bat" sculpture, but have also started drawing up a new smaller bat
version that I can actually hang in the house, so we'll see how that goes.  I may decide to just do a video on
a new one showing the proper constant torque spring usage and such.  Still too early to say.  :)

I expect 2-3 weeks for the next update so you don't have to deal with as many bugs.  Thx for all the comments,
Im glad people are finding the rulers and flourishes to be good additions. Hope the Autumn rains arent sweeping you
away. :)

Art

Dan Mauch
Old Timer

Post by Dan Mauch »

I love flourish. I have a 22" clock that I used v3 to make some flourish inside the clock. It took me 6 hours to create the flourish going  through many iterations until I got what I wanted and then editing out what I didn't want and creating an array with my Cad program.. My wife loves it. It is not quite finished as I want to inlay red acrylic in the openings for the Roman Numerals. BTW in the ruler for clock 1 there are two VI  so I changed one to VII. You might want to correct that in future releases.
Flourish is really great  but a couple of thoughts. 1. it would be nice if there was a cut editor to delete any given vine or segment of vine. While I love flourish have you thought about adding a wreath option? Any circular style would be nice.
Dan Mauch
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

It does seem the idea of flourishes is popular. I wasnt sure and kinda went of faith such a weird item would have any interest. Since it does, the vector editor is being expanded and I will then expand the flourish capabilities, now that the
algorithm works, it shouldnt be too much work to add variations. I just need to make the program architecture more complete..

Art
Dan Mauch
Old Timer

Flourishing with florsh

Post by Dan Mauch »

Here is a rather large clock face with a flourish overlay with red acrylic roman numerals inlayed.
Dan Mauch
Attachments
DSC01066 (Small).JPG
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Awesome. The best cut of a vine Ive seen.. Also the first, but its a very good one. :)

Art
Dan Mauch
Old Timer

Post by Dan Mauch »

The one thing that the piece suffers from is that the back is to plain that is  why a circular type vine or wreath would dress it up.
Dan Mauch
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Have you tried using a circle as the outside guide? Not sure it will make it greatly circular, but with another circle in
the center of the first, it "might" make a wreath.. :)

I will be adding to vine capability after this next version. I just decided I needed too many tools to
allow for some of the things I wish to add..so I bumped them up in priority.

Art