Version 3.0

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
Rocket
Old Timer

Re: Version 3.0

Post by Rocket »

Thanks...

I thought minimum fertilizer number was 3?

R
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

::), but YaNvrNo unless ya try, so it was a surprise to me too.

I tried making it a spoke by first converting it to a polyline in autocad then center, scale and stretch to suit.
placed the resaved dxf in the spoke folder but found a few issues when used as a spoke. Pretty cool idea just needs a little attention to get a few things worked out. Hopefully we can get an option to save Vector/DXF as spoke. That's just how the development process works. Art makes some great tools and we find ways to push it, and it seems to inspire others to create things we never knew it could do. That's why coding is fun to learn, it opens possibilities.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

Hmm, Ill take a look at the stl for cage, I should be able to make the pin join in with the wheel...

et al:

I like the concept of a vector to spoke or vector to indicator button.. Ill look into it. :)

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Thanks, Art!

That picture makes the print look worse than it really is (except for the pins, a couple of which have already fallen off), although the temp and filament size needs to be tweaked for this new spool of plastic.

Could it be that the pins (except for the one that joined up) are too short and didn't include the gear thickness?  Brass rod would make much cooler pins, but I need a better rod cutting device in that case, not too good with the short stuff.

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

kirk

yes, the pins I think are just decorations in the stl, I had always used cages with holes and driven brass rod into the
holes, so it didnt occur to me at the time that a 3d printer would choke.. but I should be able to correct that by embedding
them into the gear same as collars..

Art
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Thanks Art. Had similar print results when I tried these pins earlier too, thought it was my 3D software?  Anyhow. I'll try another print if you can embed like you say, see where that goes? BTW good job guys with the projects and ideas, well done.

Cheers
Bob 
Gearotic Motion
Bob
drezal
Old Timer

Re: Version 3.0 Some Cool Things

Post by drezal »

Some cool things about the latest vector wizard from Dr. Art.  I found that if somebody just wanted to play with the contours wizard you can do so outside of Gearotic.  If you open Gearotic, got to the vector wizard then close Gearotic the wizard works just fine.  Just something I noticed.

Another thing is how well and easily it exports bitmaps.  I like to work in Inkscape ((so if Art ever throws in an svg output from Gearotic I would be extremely eternally grateful)).  But for the vector wizard a bitmap export of, say a flourish, then opened up in Inkscape and then bitmap traced, gives a really cool image for a CNC cut.  I use a really cool (and free) program called jscut (www.jscut.org) for my CNC tool paths.  I've attached a couple screen shots of the flourish from Inkscape to Jscut.

http://postimg.org/image/z7ityyzl3/

http://postimg.org/image/gzgnxyb5d/

Dan
drezal
Old Timer

Re: Version 3.0 - This is too much fun

Post by drezal »

Or a balanced, tree-shaped flourish.

http://postimg.org/image/k9sj3wmv7/

Dan
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

drezal;

Thanks for your feedback, your right about vector wizard, it is separate to Gearotic, kind of a stripped version of Auggie to optimize speed, but nevertheless a stand alone program. It does need to be initiated inside Gearotic however, under Misc Utilities, but then becomes separate to Gearotic 3 once opened. 
Vector Wizard developed in Art's head with the idea to design and decorate things such as clock faces, since our site is kind of unique to gears, clocks and things?  Anyhow the wizard appears useful in many ways in creating text, scales, vines, even to grow vines inside designated area? It is unique in what it does, will interface with Auggie for use with GCode files, and may also be used to generate raster or binary data too. Anyhow about it for now, thanks again for your feedback, have fun playing...

Cheers
Bob  :)
Gearotic Motion
Bob
drezal
Old Timer

Post by drezal »

Hi Bob.  Cool software indeed.  The challenge is finding more time to play with it all.

Dan
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

I hear ya, Just trying to catch up with tutorials and www.gear2motion.com

Cheers
Bob
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi :

EPS and SVG output will be in an upcoming version...

Art
Rocket
Old Timer

Re: Version 3.0 - This is too much fun

Post by Rocket »

drezal wrote: Or a balanced, tree-shaped flourish.

http://postimg.org/image/k9sj3wmv7/

Dan
What numbers did you use for input to create the tree?
Kenneth P Fleming
Old Timer

Post by Kenneth P Fleming »

drezal,

Neat flourish - can't wait till I have time to play with that slick program.  You mention JSCUT - it was written by my son Todd Fleming!

Paul Fleming
drezal
Old Timer

Post by drezal »

Hi Kenneth, that is awesome.  Thank him again for me for putting out a really great program.  I have switched over to using jscut pretty much all of the time.  I've also posted many videos on using it for various CNC project.

Dan