Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Version 3.0001 update online.

Post by ArtF »

Hello All:

Update 3.0001 is online. It includes many fixes and additions to the kinetics module, and several reliability
fixes to the motion controller. I will be doing a video or two over the next few days and will post here when
they come online. The kinetics module now has selectable collision categories, and springs added.
  If you know how to load mechs, a lamp example is included which shows the nice lamp being made by
David M in this thread.. http://gearotic.com/ESW/FavIcons/index. ... c=1661.new

It trys to simulate the effect of the lamp arms and spring holding things up. Note: You need to press
kinematics mode for things such as springs to appear after pasting a "mech" on the screen. To load a mech
just press import after selecting one from the dropdown, point to an area on the screen, right click and select
paste. Mechs can normally be run immediately after importing unless their there for a tutorial video. Their
useful for learning as you can check their properties to see how they are built. 

It can take some screwing about when you begin to add springs and complex collision rules, but Ill explain
how its all done in the video. Its all kinda fun to play with when you get used to it. I still have more items to add
such as magnets before I can really simulate the things I want to , but its coming along fairly nicely.

Hope you enjoy it.
Art

marklazarz
Old Timer

Re: Version 3.0001 update online.

Post by marklazarz »

I know that I'll enjoy it!  Thanks for making an excellent piece of software even excellenter!

Mark