Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Release Oct 3rd 2018

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Maintenance release was today of the Dev version as well as the msi installer.
This fixes a problem with planetary ring teeth mesh as well as Vexx importing circles in dxf's.

Thx

Art

Jasric

Re: Release Oct 3rd 2018

Post by Jasric »

hi art and bob wow first second help lol yes I am building a roots blower and want to say so far I love it I scraped out three roots using the standard 3 axis I need them 3.0 long so may I ask how do I put them in to the fourth  its funny art ask bob I told him on the phone I did this all by hand programing on that one more thing please help I want a macro or a way to use gear for making a engine crankshaft able to machine one the fourth  and updates can it be made so when you open gear it says update in version or a fix this helps before you step n the bomb you know where it is lol any way thank you so much I love it and want to learn all  jay
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Jay:

" want a macro or a way to use gear for making a engine crankshaf t able to machine one the forth"

I think to make a crankshaft youll need hand programming or something more sophisticated
than Gearotic. :)

"can it be made so when you open gear it says update in version or a fix "

Fixes to Gearotic dont happen much lately, I locked its code over a year ago as it was getting too complex for internal changes. I usually do that prior to codeing up a new version, but Im not sure when or if I will
do that as too many packages now make gear outlines, and while gearotic is much more configurable
than most of them, it reduces the amount of people that require the level that Gearotic goes to. It is unlikley
there will be a Gearotic 4.0, though when a user has troubles I havent seen before I do makes fixes to
the base code to make sure it works as designed in future. I dont like to change Gearotic much as its proven
its accuracy in many very expensive projects and I dont like to risk adding in errors that happen in revisions
( I mention this only to explain why I dont typically add modules to Gearotic anymore. ).  My nightmare is
someone machining a 4 foot steel gear and finding it inaccurate , the only one Im aware of made to that size meshed perfectly so that part of the code wont change for example as its proven itself.) Mach3 was locked down in the end for the same type of reasons and runs fairly well to this day as a result. 

Most of the past couple years releases are more graphical tools for reprocessing outlines or creating
added designs for clock facing or decorations. Im not sure now, or ever am sure really of what project
or addition is next. It usually is simply a matter of what I find interesting, lately its 3d celtic knots,
but could be near anything in future. Vexx has an AI and an AI training programming built in but unused for example as I became interested in AI a year or two back. Havent found a real use for it yet, but you never know when it may become usefull in some mechanical context.

I will give any advice I can on any project of course, if I feel I can add to it, and many of the people
who peruse this forum are pretty damn good ( far better than I) at several modalities and are very helpfull
with advice.  So feel free to post in the various topics if looking for advice, we're always happy to kick in, and
the letters themselves stand as archives for those that find us over the years.

Art

Jasric

Post by Jasric »

ahh on the crank but ok I do want know why in the roots blower section you can not fourth axis the roots the case easy but thr roots lol wont go in to the fourth axis or how do you get it there thanks jay
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Jay:

Ahh, sorry I misunderstood. The roots wont go into the 4th axis as that axis is specifically for
round gears or pulleys, its code cannot handle a shape like a roots blower. The 4th axis package
is a tangental shaper, so unless it understands the toothing of the object its helpless
in that situation.

Art
Last edited by ArtF on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasric

Post by Jasric »

oh no oh boy the main reason I bought this wow ok is there a way or coming soon ? well I can help aspire 4th axis look up that video if you can make the root so it works or lays out in 3 axis mill then wrap it and back to oh boy lol I just got done building a new comp on just graphics for cnc and gear please help or make  well I got a new 2k cost comp no gaming this one 3d carve file can now load lol  oh man    jay  ???  8)
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Jay:

There are no plans for it, general 4th axis Gcode creation is quite different from tangental shaving
for gears.  You may want to look at FreeCad, its free and should accept the roots blowers as stls
or drawings for 4th axis Gcode generation. I havent used it myself, but it looks powerfull
enough and might solve the issue.

Art
Jasric

Post by Jasric »

oh boy ok i will look in to it i just got hit with a ransomer thing oh not happy so i lost all files and programs not fun so far ahhh so i hope to get back years of work and all the new stuff i just downloaded from gear ahh long nites not happy  jay this is not fun ahhhhh