Vexx version 1.21 released with Guilloche wizard

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
BillM
Old Timer

Re: Vexx version 1.21 released with Guilloche wizard

Post by BillM »

Art

I installed the new version and the weld works properly... Thanks for the quick fix.

I now know something not to do with Vexx spiral tool.  I was curious how tight of a spiral I could create.  I created a very tight spiral with a 1.01 spiral ratio.  When I tried 1.0 the system ran out of memory (4Gb memory).  Well so much for that experiment.

Bill
BillM
Old Timer

Post by BillM »

Art

I am retrying the example of taking a spur gear from Gearotics, deleting the spokes, inserting slots and then replacing the spur gear in Gearotics.

In Gearotics I created a 100mm, 20 tooth, 7 spoke spur gear.  In Vexx, I deleted the spokes and then created 6 slots using the Vexx slotting tool.

When I try to select the slotted spur gear the gear and only one of the slots get selected.  The replace gear function shows that only one of the slots gets sent to Gearotics.  I've varied different settings including snap distance to no avail.  The slots were not selectable.

The one last thing I tried was to cut the gear out.  At that point the slots were selectable.  When I pasted the gear back in, then the gear and the slots were selectable and able to be sent to Gearotics.

Bill
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Bill:

Thats another of the bugs Im looking for, at times the database corrupts
and some objects cant be selected. It autocorrects in many instances which
is why they suddenly were selectable.
  If you find you cannot select something, use the menu item debug database
on the menu bar and select reset all. It makes the items selectable. Its a workaround
till I manage to find that particular gremlin.

Thx
Art
BillM
Old Timer

Post by BillM »

Art

Thanks for the info.  I'm glad that it is a known issue and not a Windows10 issue & I like your work around.

Bill
Hessel Oosten
Old Timer

Post by Hessel Oosten »

Hi Art,

Even if you will never mill a guilloche ?, looking what the module in Vexx is capable of..., is a big joy !

Nevertheless..., today I made one and milled it: Alu, rpm 15000, F 30, V cutter incl. angle 60, depth 0,1 mm, diameter 39 mm. See attached photo.

The program seems not to accept negative Z values. So with find and replace all solved. May be you want to change that ?
The sliders in the menu are sometimes difficult to move to an exact position (value). May be the possibility to enter the numbers by keyboard (just like in MACH3) could be useful ?

Thanks again for this great module !

Hessel

Attachments
P1270836kl.jpg
Dan Mauch
Old Timer

Post by Dan Mauch »

Awesome!
Dan Mauch
Hessel Oosten wrote: Hi Art,

Even if you will never mill a guilloche ?, looking what the module in Vexx is capable of..., is a big joy !

Nevertheless..., today I made one and milled it: Alu, rpm 15000, F 30, V cutter incl. angle 60, depth 0,1 mm, diameter 39 mm. See attached photo.

The program seems not to accept negative Z values. So with find and replace all solved. May be you want to change that ?
The sliders in the menu are sometimes difficult to move to an exact position (value). May be the possibility to enter the numbers by keyboard (just like in MACH3) could be useful ?

Thanks again for this great module !

Hessel

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hessel:

Thank you for that, I really like to see such things. It really does make an excellent
pendent.. Nice design.

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

BTW:

I will note to fix the Z depth.

Art