Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New Version 4.65

Post by ArtF »

Hello Everyone.

Firstly, Id like to welcome all the new people , theres been quite a burst of new users this past couple of
months.

Version 4.65 is online to repair a bug in the deletion of an object just prior to your placing it (hitting escape just before clicking
to place ) , this shoudl be fully cleared up now.

For those new to the program. - We try very hard to comply with the wishes of the membership. Many of the items in GM were
added at request of users. During the "sun" season, GM's development slows to a crawl while the program stabilizes and bugs are
repaired (and I catch up with other projects). During the fall season, from about Sept - March development continues. Plans call for
Racks, Sprockets and a few other mechanism type toys in the coming season.

While the web page has not yet been updated, both download versions are now identical and are the current 4.65 version as
is has proven very stable over the past 2 months with the exception of a couple bugs now repaired.

Myself and Bob have been working hard on our 3d printer project and will post more on that as we proceed (for those with an interest
in 3d printing.). We built our first rack and pinion from acrylic this week and it looks great. If it all works out, Ill be adding code for
people to make their own racks in the next development cycle. We made ours in 6" sections which tab together with circular tabs to make
any length rack. ( Just to test future plans :) ). It looks like our hp inkjet should be driving itself back and forth linearly (without
knowing its doing so ) very shortly. As I say we'll post photos once its rolling ( should we get that lucky. :) )

So again, welcome to all new users, feel free to kick in on what youd like to see in future, we listen to everyone in getting idea's. If
 you build something cool ( or even something that doesnt work out ) please post a photo, theres something to be learned not only from
 the brilliant things posted so far that worked, but also from failures ( like perhaps the first 10 failures for 3d printer idea's Ive gone
 through. :) )

Its been a fun development season and we'll be doing lots of playing over the next few months to firm up idea's on what we can help
 you build next year.

Art & Bob..

Last edited by ArtF on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
migsen
Old Timer

Re: New Version 6.65

Post by migsen »

Hi,
...so, is there a new version 6.65 or the 6 is a mistake ?
I am with the 4.65 and it s a great software. I use mainly the elliptical function for "art" work...
Is it possible to add a "measure" function in the creation windowS like the one in the "Project Ctrl" ?
Thanks for your job. :)

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.