Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Version 4.82 online

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Version 4.82 is online and correct a problem with racks always being in metric. They shoudl work fine
now in inches as well.

Thx
Art
John T
Old Timer

Re: Version 4.82 online

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
I now have a new problem,  I get an error message.

John
Attachments
gearoticproblem.jpg
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
lutz ifer
Old Timer

Post by lutz ifer »

Hi,
i dont know,is this a bug? Look at the Wheel and Pinion corners in the drop down menu and at the millimeter paper. Is the Pitch Diameter correct?

I have a question. In the version 4.75 is the option to import dxf. Is it possible in the future to import own dxf?
Thanks for the new possibility with the GTA.

Regards Felix
Attachments
02GM4.82.jpg
01GM4.82.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Felix:

Does look like a bug. Ill check it out.

As to DXF, Im still struggling with a way to allow it without breaking
my complexity rules. It does have a future, I just havent as yet determined
exactly what that future is. In fact GM has quite a bit of code in it that no-one ever see's
as I use GM as an experimental platform for most research I do into future possabilities
for growth. The DXF was just too complex for the average person, and had too many things that
had to be set just-so before it would actually work for anything.

It has been mathmatically proven that any two gears that mesh are in fact a modified elliptical
shape. A circle is an ellipse of zero eccentricity, a modified ellipse with eccentricy , or periodic
functions added to the elliptical definitions can basically produce any gear that WILL work
as a gear in the end. BUT, DXF imports had no such guarentee that a gear could actually be
created from the input shape. I played a great deal with shapes and decided as yet, it will too
picky and you had to know too much to put it out as a general algorithm for the user.

That having been said, I do have plans for the dxf's at some point in the future.

Art