Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

version 4.86 online

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Version 4.86 is online. It repairs simulation issues with the new geneva's. If you hang a clock hand on the driven wheel you could see it was actually jumping around by a tooth or more
and not easily seen otherwise. It is now smoothly transitioning through the motions. Also, tooth number 1 can be turned off or on. Of course a pinion with no teeth wont actually
move the wheel at all, but removing tooth #1 can be important if your creating kinetic art with a desired timing relationship. You'll notice  that the teeth
on a genvea pinion are actually a binary representatoin of motion, so can be used in conjuntion with other geneva's to create mathmatical relationships between shafts by computing
the proper binary sequence for a desired motion on the pinion tooth count. For that reason tooth #1 is now removable just to make it easier to have a start point for creating
such binary sequences.

Thx
Art

Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Re: version 4.86 online

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

Slight error, when you use the up/down step arrow buttons both rotate at the same time.
Attachments
slighterror.JPG
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Ooops..sry bout that. Ill get that fixed asap.

Art
Nic Bwts
Old Timer

Post by Nic Bwts »

Like what you've done with the Geneva wheels. A simple solution that I havent seen before.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Nic:

Thx. It actually happened as I started to design an inverted geneva and noticed the math was identical to the lantern gear
so I ran a couple experiments and thats what showed up. :)
  As one user, John T. noted though, the engagement on the tooth should probably be relieved a bit, so Im looking into that
for a future release.

Thx
Art