Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 4.87 online..

Post by ArtF »

Hi J:

Thx for the info on 3d printing..im interested in all I can get there. Ill soon be putting out
a very early version of GT as all its stl's will drop right in slicr or any other printing software I think.

I will look at vector paths, but the DXF's I put out sould already be in that format realy, they are just contours which should extrude directly.  My 3d printer is shipped and arrives in the morning, so Ill be
runnign tests right away and will post the results here. If my STL's print fine, Ill release GT next week so
anyone can play with any GM STL in proper closed manifold format. The new bevels and helicals display better, and are rock solid so far for 3d work in any software I test them on.

We'll discuss formats and such more as soon as GT is out as Id like to have it do output in a variety of formats for those who need various formats. I know it seems slow for updates lately, but the switch to GT
is a massive undertaking in many ways and will require huge rewrite of GM to make it all tie together. But in the end we'll have a much better, stable and powerfull platform for future expansion and with less
confusion or chance of errors.

Thx
ARt
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 4.87 online..

Post by ArtF »

J:

By the way, an illegal enumerant usually means a texture operation or something similar failed. Make sure your on the latest dev release as I removed many items unused but capable of triggering such an error.

Art