Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Release 4.88.1

Post by ArtF »

Hi Guys:

4.88.1 is online. It includes the first look at Gearotic Thoughts. If your not into STL's dont download, there is
no change to GM. This version of Gearotic Thoughts is very alpha, but tested quite a bit. It is recommended to use
it by exporting a GM project of one gear your interested in, then selecting it, right clicking in the tree and selecting
"Export STL". You CAN load in entire projects and select from any gear in that project. But if you do so, heres a few caveats.
First, the rotation postion of gears is incorrect as GT knows nothing about rotation as yet. So gears may not look to be meshing.
  Second, other than exporting there is no true functionality. The STL's are created and extruded during load,
so it may be slow on complex bevel mechanisms as each stl is built to be as high res as it can given GM's output contours.

The guy looking at you on the screen is a new indicator, rather than X,Y and Z which was somewhat confusing, the head it seems
is more intuitive, since you know how to move your head, youll find righting the display and knowing what your looking at is
not something you need to think about, it will come naturally.

If you select a gear, it will highlight. ( this will be optioned off soon as to how to highlight.). You may select multiples or types
of gears to highlight. Warning: Make sure only 1 is selected when outputting stls..
You may play with any screen control indicator, various looks and sorting methods, Train sort is not yet enabled.

Have fun, let me know of failures or weird stuff so I can investigate as I go, I cant promise quick fixes, this is an alpha after all, but
I do belive in giving you capabilities as soon as I can, hence the early release.

An icon will simply appear on your desktop when you install current release...

Thx
Art