Please help with them bevels

For discussions of the various methods of Bevel Machining.
sharkipe
Old Timer

Please help with them bevels

Post by sharkipe »

Gentlemen, I am new to the forum and gears. Just purchased Gearotic 2 and I struggle with bevels right from the start. It appears that I am the thickest person on earth. Every time I  "create" any bevel gear and press the button: "Send to four axes" - system display message - Object ignored as non 4th axis object.
When I make an attempt to cut straight bevel on 3 axis, system respond with - "Engraving not released"
I also fail to unearth method of changing coordinate system( Z tool approach) to the stock.
Any assistance with the matter will be highly appreciated. 
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Please help with them bevels

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

Bevels cannot be machined. They remain impossible to do as of yet. They exist for simulation or 3d printing, but cannot be sent to the 4th axis module or the 2.5D module.

Art
sharkipe
Old Timer

Post by sharkipe »

Thank you for your quick reply. I was under  delusion that it's possible. Hopefully somewhere in future it will happen.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

I do plan to, but likely as an engraving option on a raster type of sweep of some sort..

Art
bruce
Old Timer

Post by bruce »

Reading the thread on bevel discussions I was under the impression that the software was there. Now I guess
that's why I don't see it when I open Gearotic program.
Rats, that's what I wanted to do next. Oh well I guess I will have to find a different way to do that.

Bruce  :(
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Bruce:

Yeah, bevels can be hard. You can try it with the STL output, load it into somethign liek vectric and try an engraving,
I have seen it done that way, but its a slow way to cut.. I havent personally made any..

Art
bogus105
Old Timer

Post by bogus105 »

ArtF - any progress on the bevels cutting? Pleaasseeee:D
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

I answered on the other thread. I dont see any thing coming out for bevels in future other than perhaps better 3d models of them ,
which I do have planned. I hope to redo all the gear modeling to better standards for 3d printing as well as add worm gears
,acme screws and such. Bevels have always been a problem, they require a pretty special machine effectively and I
just dont see any solution as yet that makes sense.

Art