Laser module compatability

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
Bloy
Old Timer

Laser module compatability

Post by Bloy »

Hi
I've noticed this laser module for sale through Banggood by Sculpfun.
https://usa.banggood.com/SCULPFUN-S9-La ... mds=search

Knowing that the specifications may be a little exagerated, I'm wondering if this module would be compatable(or even useful) with Auggie.
I haven't been active with Gearotic for years now, but have taken a renewed interest in lasers....mainly for adjustable/variable depth engraving.
There is a lot I need to learn but first I need to get my feet wet with a laser. Will this one enable me to produce acceptable results using Auggie?
I'm not even sure of the specifications a laser module requires to be controled with Auggie.
I'm looking forward to the steep learning curve ahead of me and would appreciate answers to these basic questions.

Thanks,
John Meissner
Thanks,
John M
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Richard Cullin
Old Timer

Re: Laser module compatability

Post by Richard Cullin »

any with 5v pwm input can be driven with auggie , that one has 5-12v pwm input so it will work most likely.
worst case a simple transistor i/f adapter can be made
Bloy
Old Timer

Post by Bloy »

Thanks for your help. Once I get started my acceleration picks up..from past experience. But things change with time. :thumbup:
Thanks,
John M
Sturgeon Bay, WI
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

It should work fine. I cant say what it will cut or how deep, but Auggie should run it.
In fact if your interested in depth engraving with it, Auggie is likely the only
option as it has photo depth engraving, Ive yet to see any other program that does,
though one may exist. Let me know how it works out.

Art
Bloy
Old Timer

Post by Bloy »

Thanks Art.
I've ordered the laser. I believe it will be sent airmail so it won't be sitting in the water in a container waiting to be off-loaded.
Thanks,
John M
Sturgeon Bay, WI
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Let me know how it works out. Yell when confused..

Art
Bloy
Old Timer

Post by Bloy »

I'm giving a yell out because i'm MORE than confused...... exasperated is probably the term. I canceled the laser device order when I noticed the expected date of shipping kept moving into the future(and still is). .....I won't speculate on the production problem. ;-)

Banggood was good about it though, they offered me 800 points to remain on order. I declined and was promptly given a reimbursement. :thumbup:
Although I get a lot of items from them, the point system is still foreign to me.

An alternative laser may be required.
Thanks,
John M
Sturgeon Bay, WI
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Bloy:

Yeah, its getting endemic. Its getting hard to get things made in China at times.
I've taken to trying to source things made in the USA/Canada or already there in the chain.

Art