Version 2.298 online.

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
KKirk
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.298 online.

Post by KKirk »

Ok, I just did everything that you did (tape on lens, unchecked "ambient correction" and etc) and let it run all night (1,4320,000 interrelations) I stopped it, hit "add stl", then went "output options" and selected "STL".  Everything is gone, I can't go back to image and there is nothing selected.  What did I do wrong?  Is there any way back to my image?

Karl
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

You poor bastard.. you keep gettgin hosed. Sorry about that, I havent added much for safeties for you. You could have hit undo and been OK..
Did you wait until the STL actually appeared on the project screen? If so, an undo will bring it back.. but it shouldnt have gone anywhere so Im
thinking it wasnt actually created for some reason. Never hit STL output until you see it on the project screen and can rotate it and such.
  Ill be adding a save feature so the data of a run can be instantly reloaded..but Im not there yet.

You can also save the project once the STL is on the project screen, it will then be reloadable with the stl in it..

Art

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

In recognition of your pain, I am now adding a "save Photos" button.  :)

Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

THAT's my job as beta tester is to get hosed occasionally, right?

Replaying what I did.  I did not set from pixels to inches. because I did rotated it around.

Oh, well, there's other nights and other dark rooms!

Karl

KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Sorry I meant, I "but" I did rotate it first.  Not "because" I did rotate it.

By the way, I am not complaining, just reporting.  I love this project!
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Hi again

I set Gearotic to creating another file.  I drove back to the computer store and traded the camera I bought yesterday and bought a Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000.  I brought it back home and:  still 640 x 480 is the max resolution. 

After allowing it to iterate for about 8 hours (1,208,300 times), I set the size to 3.9 x 2.9 and "add stl".  the system crashed.  I followed the debug thru 4 screen and took photos of each.  Do you want me to upload the photos.

Karl

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl..

Wow, your really having a hard time of it. Im still not sure why your only gettign 640 x 480 and with no text.. Is this XP or win7?

What message did you get when it crashed? Anything? You did hit stop before tryign to create the stl right? ( Though Im pretty sure I stopped any capability of that happening..)

I hope to have a new version in a day or so with photo saving so you wont have to keep taking photos again. I see if I can add some code to show what formats your camera is actually reporting..

Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Art

Here are the error screens I got (in the order they occurred) after the last crash.

I bought a MicroSoft LifeCam and still have no text to the right of the screen resolutions and 640 x 480 Maximum.

The current picture I have it evaluating, I turned the camera 90 degrees instead of black taping the lens.

Karl
Attachments
photo 4.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

My machine is windows 7 OS.  32 bit

Yes I have always hit the "stop growth key" before selecting the "add stl" button.

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Kirk: ( et. al.)

Version 2.2988 is now online. I added a "Save photos" button, and a "load photos" button.

The system doesnt care if the photos were taken by Gearotic or any other process. They must simply be alphabetic
in name, ( ex. Photo1, Photo2..etc.. ) in order of right, top, left, bottom, so you may take images in any setting,
or any light triggered system you wish to setup. Load the photos and continue as if you shot them yourself. If you save
photos, you may load them back anytime. This will at least allow you to save the good shots you make so you can more easily
play.

Selecting a new video mode will get rid of any loaded photos.

For the probalem of video types not showing up, I have added several more types, but am not necessarily supporting
them properly in the code. Each type requires a different bit field process so let me know what shows up and what works..

Thx
Art
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

Good Morning All;
Since the last two updates I,ve noticed that when the base relief is created and I click to turn it blue, the image is rised but the back ground is paper thin(flat) not the finished  block like back ground it used to be. plus the back of the image shows as a negative image.

any Suggestions ?

Thanks all
Jerry
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

It ran all night again with 1,849,447 iterations.  Wow what a beautiful image!  And it created a stl file without problem.  I can't figure just what I did to cause the crash yesterday.  May have been leaving the size set to 640 x 480.

I rotated the camera 90 degrees ccw thinking this would get more pixels and I did not need the black tape.  It also seems to have turned the image inside out, so I got a negative (concave instead of convex) image.  Next time I'll try the "neg" option.

I just installed 2.2988.  The camera resolutions now have a "YUY2" to the right of each resolution for my Microsoft LifeCam (still max res 640 x 480) camera.  Load and save photos worked fine.

Karl
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

Be carefull of the rotate camera setting, I may have buggered it, I dont think the images are correct, I need to check it.

Glad to hear at least the image is working well...

Jerry:

Check the box ( " Add Pedestal" ) otherwise the mesh is put out with no bottom..

Art

Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

I knew I was forgetting something (brain dead)
Thanks Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Ok now that it's working so well we need to talk about cosmetics.  I've made about 27 stl files and I don't like how any of them look.  In the fall maybe you can add a "cosmetic surgery" option. I think I look more like Robert Redford, than Gearotic is revealing.

Enjoy the weekend.

Karl