Could it ever do lathe threading ?
John S.
Nottingham, England
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Auggie Early posts

Post by ArtF »

In theory I suppose, though not as a normal cnc program, I think Id see that as a realtime wizard, select the thread, prep system and hit got type of thing.. a scripted thread..
but I woudlnt hold my breath for it time wise.. :)

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

no doubt Ya-Nvr_know will do it he seems to have everything else on his screen  ;D
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

;D
too funny
I'm just showing how easy this will be to do.
And show the interaction that can be done between panels.
(Showing how sliders can drive DRO's and until the motion control module is included)
As I hope my examples will make the learning curve far less overwhelming.
;D
I am trying to get all interest HIGH and stir minds on working on ideas.
Still has a ways to go, Art has been very generous and kept me in the loop of his vision, and let me create some screens and panels that DO over show the interactions. This is my way to test, find issues and learn to script.
Still think the new Icon on the screen should be labeled "MP" for mission possible.

Looks to have all the tools to make whatever you think up, Possible.
few I am dreaming about
Chop Saw control
Tube and wire bender
Sheet metal break
create 3d wave shapes for backgrounds for my 3d signs
home automation control
monitor and control my pellet stove fans and external feeders

DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

it looks a bit easier than Lua, and if Art does call`s to and from arduino type boards it`s going to be quite interesting Art`s version of IOT.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

It IS much easier than Lua, and much more understandable. Basically what we have so far is an interface system for designing screens of various control types,
a Scripting system that can attach any of the controls to scripted logic, A GCode loading system that analyses the GCode on the way in to display it in unique ways
both before and during future execution. Once I finish the GCode analyser, I need to complete turning on the Toolpath dislay ( Gearotics simulator)
and that will be the end of Stage 1 really. At that point the program will be useful to some, and will be released. That will end a decent Summer project imo.
While I take summers off it seems every fall I release a new toy from the summer, just cant always guarantee it will be something to do with gears, but people
have been great about not complaining about the subject matter I choose.

From there we can build it as we go with users submitting suggestions and/or actual panels to be included in releases. Since the program divides everything
into panels, it should be growable in ways I cant yet concieve. I intend to add Arduino types of IO control as well prehaps as Raspberry PI, but all that will
not happen until the PoKeys is running and my Laser is humming.

Once its running as a laser controller, it should be easily adaptable to almost any other weirdo machine one might like to build..

At the very least, if you play with Arduino's and such its an easy way to script up an interface to do pretty complex operations without having to put
the code in the arduino..

Ill likely release a video of the GCode module before I leave for Spain next month.

Art

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

it sound`s all good art I am getting all my little jobs finished thing what have been laying around not quite finished for years, so I can have the time to learn Auggie.

I still need to do those scanner files for you that will be next week.

GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

My Pokeys57CNC just showed up as being in New York, so i should see it early next week.

Working on a 24 x 36 gantry to house a CO2 laser as well as a diode laser. 
Some where saying that the CO2 don't respond fast enough to engrave correctly so thought a dual setup would be cool.
Excited to see where Auggie goes.

Glenn
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glen:
Ill be highly motivated for laser, and Im getting my ready for auggie with a servo driven table so I can refocus
to depths on the fly. Be interesting to see how that goes.. :)

Art
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

Art
I was thinking about not doing a table to adjust focal length and just run the lens and the diode up and down.
I am wondering why most do a table that moves.
Another part of my reason for the lens and the diode is that way i can create a pass through for material longer than 24"

It does sound cool to do the adjust on the fly.

Glenn
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glen:

Ive considered a lens as well, in fact I made a small stepper up/down for the lens
from the guts of a cd player.. and I may have to try that at some point as well. :)

Art
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

Art
I bought a K40 like Moose had done.
I wanted to become familiar with running a laser first so I wasn't starting out blind on a new machine.
It also made sense since the laser and PS alone cost about what the machine cost.
As they die I will replace with better parts.

I am going to use one of the steppers from the K40 for my Z. 

I will control the steppers with a G540 left over from a upgrade on my router when I went to 80v, G203 with a vital system's Hicon control and Mach4.

Got the router up to 640 ipm, but the machine is to lite.
Had to limit it to 400ipm to keep it from moving across the floor.  Little misses wasn't to keen on anchor holes in the garage floor.

Trying to figure out the best approach for control software until Auggie is ready for a try.

Thanks
Glenn

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glenn:

Yeah, there really isnt much is there? Mach3 would drive it as a on/off type of laser device.. which isnt bad, but
I dont know of anything as yet that will deal with the lasers efectively .
Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Glenn Davina wrote:I bought a K40 like Moose had done
Check out the K40 G+ group.

Did you get the LaserDRW or Moshidraw controller?  Mine has LaserDRW and a Corel plugin.  The software is essentially undocumented and quirky, but it's usable and will help you develop more patience.

Kirk
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

It's alive  ;D

just wanted to show a couple of quick clips of Auggie running a script on the pokies57cnc

https://youtu.be/lHeLpvVxDTQ

https://youtu.be/iq8yRNFL-kw

this is not the exact code but gives you an idea of a looping routine

for(i = 0; i < 2; i = i +1)
{
Engine.RapidTo(1,1,1,X);
Engine.RapidTo(1,25,-1,X);
Engine.RapidTo(25,1,1,X);
Engine.RapidTo(1,25,-1,X);
}
Last edited by Ya-Nvr-No on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.