Auggie+PoKeys works unstable

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
satco
Old Timer

Auggie+PoKeys works unstable

Post by satco »

Hi all,

I test PoKeys57CNC with step motor. It works very smooth  and stable on different speeds.

Then I turn on  Auggie+PoKeys57CNC. They work very unsmooth and only on low speed.  I test PoKeys57CNC with step motor again -  it works smooth  and stable...

Than I change some parameters and they work smooth  and stable on different speeds.

Next day I turn on  Auggie+PoKeys57CNC. They  again work unsmooth.  I test PoKeys57CNC with step motor  -  it works smooth  and stable.

Can anybody help with this problem?

Thanks,
Anatolii.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Auggie+PoKeys works unstable

Post by ArtF »

Anatoli:

On the config/axis menu's under "planner" , there is an option called
"Network Delay", set it to zero and see if it helps.

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Also, can you tell us if this is in usb or network connection?

Thx
Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

It is USB  connection.

Anatolii
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Anatoli:

Try the Network delay set to zero anyway, it affects both usb and net. The ethernet jack you may find more stable, the USB will depend
alot on your system and how its handling its usb traffic.. but a network delay of zero will probably allow much more smoothness.

On the main screen , above the toolpath is a led bar . What does it report as a value if you hover over it while running..

Also, make sure you dont run Pokeys software at the same time.. I dont think that will connect anyway.. but I havent tested..

Thx
Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

thank you for help.

Auggie+PoKeys57CNC  work smooth and stable when  Network delay is 0.

When  Network delay is 1, green part of led bar is 40-50% - system work bad.
I set the Network delay to zero, green part of led bar is 70-80% - system work good.

I change Network delay 0/1 several times and receive the same result  - 1 - is bad, 0- is good.

Best regards,
Anatolii.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Anatoli:

Thx, good to hear. The network delay of zero uses a different method of
thread timing designed to keep the communications going faster.

The bar graph is "1ms trajectories per 250ms", so if it reads more then 250, your
motors should be smooth, if below 250, they will get rough. I too use 0, and havent had
any motion issues in that mode. I will make that the default mode in future installs.

Thx for the report, Auggie is very young so Im still tracking performance of it
as we go, the reports help me know whats weak and strong, so keep reporting your
experiences, where I can help, I will..

Thx

Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

Auggie is young, but very fast growing. I think it will be very powerful tool. I will be glad if my report can help him.

I need some more explanation:
-The bar graph has 15 leds.
- What mean 1 led?
- How much led is Good?
- And what does it mean. "___ms trajectories per __ms?

Best regards,
Anatolii.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Anatoli:

one led doesnt mean much, the graph should be in the center or above. When you move with the Pokeys, its the internal pokeys
engine that drives the motors, when you move in Auggie, its done by auggie telling the motors where to be in the next 1 millisecond.
  The Pokeys has a buffer of 250ms or so. The graph indicates how many trajectories of 1ms in length are sent every 250 milliseconds.

In order not to run the buffer dry, we must send at least 250 every 250ms, one for each millisend.. typically, it will read about 270,
meaning it had 20ms to spare.. Its not an important indicator unless your motors are running poorly, then you must look at it
to see that the bar graph hasn't fallen.. if it does, let me know. It woudl indicate your computer is having trouble ..

Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

I configure PoKeys pin 2 as DigOut, shut down PoKeys, turn on  Auggie+PoKeys  and write some script turn Pin2 On/Off. All work good, but..

When I shut down Auggie+PoKeys and then wake it up, it does not work.

I open PoKeys, pin 2 has set  DigOut. I repeat configure PoKeys pin 2 as DigOut. Shut down PoKeys and and turn on Auggie+PoKeys again.  Auggie+PoKeys pin 2 works good again.

I repeat this several times and receive the same result. Where is my mistake?

Best regards,
Anatolii.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi A:

Im not sure what could cause that unless pin was also being used in the pulse engine as an input or something.
I dont have pin2 hooked up, but I do have pin7 hooked to an LED, it works each time. I will run some tests,
is the config saved into the pokeys?

Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

It will be good to test config saved into the pokeys, and better to config pokeys direct from Auggie:)

Today I will test pin7 compare the result pin2-pin7 and let you know.

Best regards,
Anatolii.
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

I do not find pin7. But I fix the problem. I set Initialize output on start in Pokeys, see added picture. Now all pins work good.

Best regards,
Anatolii.
Attachments
PoKeysSettins.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Anatoli:

Thank you. I had not noticed that and thats a very good thing to know to help
others who have trouble. I will note it in future.

I have added analogue output for you for next release. Let me know how Auggie runs
for you, very few use it as of yet so feedback is important, though many more will use it in the fall as it will
contain the main vector graphics generators and wizards. The wizards and such will
be callable from Gearotic soon, so everyone will use Auggie, just not with motion
control turned on.

Thx
Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

Thank you for analogue output :)

In summer I usually have some time to study and experiment. Today it is Auggie+PoKeys+GM_Script.

Usually I us Mach3. It is good and powerful 6 axis CNC tool plus logics. It can cover a lot of tecnologies. But we need more. And you give it! I will send you all information about experiments with Auggie+PoKeys+GM_Script.

Auggie has 8 axis, but we see only  3 axes toolpath. Can I add more axis with their functions to show toolpath?

Does Auggie has a command to move 8 axis in the same time? Something like G01 for 6 axis in Mach3?

Best regards,
Anatolii.